Updated: May 28
Looking for something quick, simple, but good to bake? You've come to the right place!
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup 224 g unsalted butter room temp. (2 sticks of butter)
1 cup + 2 tbsp white sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
Side Note: (Personally I replaced the baking powder with extra baking soda and did not use vanilla extract because those ingredients ran out in my household, and the cookies turned out super soft, chewy, and delicious, so if you're missing these ingredients, don't worry about it!)
10 Step Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Gather your ingredients
3. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
4. In a different larger mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugars together on medium/high speed until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
5. Add the egg and mix until well combined.
6. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
7. Add the dry ingredients (flour mixture) and mix until the dough is well combined. (It SHOULD come out thick and should NOT be sticky! Make sure not to overmix!)
Congrats, you are now done with creating your batter of cookie dough!
8. Create 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough- gently roll each into a ball, and set the balls on the baking sheet.
9. Bake cookies for roughly 7-8 minutes- Remove just before the edges turn golden! (If you want your cookies to turn out softer, keep it in shorter, and if you want them to turn out harder, keep it in for longer.)
10. Remove from oven and let them cool on the baking sheets.
Feel free to share photos of how this recipe turned out for you in the comments below, or share your own different baking creations and recipes!
(Recipe taken from www.lifeloveandsugar.com )