When lockdown started, my parents bought literally everything.... except cake mix. This meant I was deprived of heavenly desserts for most special occasions. As time went by, the craving for a cake became unbearable, and I was really disappointed that I wouldn't have any on my birthday- so my "sometimes sweet" brother decided to scour the internet to figure out how to make a vegetarian birthday cake with only a few ingredients. Thankfully he stumbled on this three-ingredient cake which has changed our quarantine life! We make this cake once or twice a month and surprisingly, we are still not tired of it. I would highly recommend it if you have no cooking experience, or have a limited amount of ingredients.
- 20 pieces of Oreos (any biscuit)
- Half cup milk
- Eno (If you don't know what this is, it's basically a compound used for baking that's made of baking soda, citric acid, and salt!)
1. Turn your oven to 375° Fahrenheit
2. Take a 6 inch cake pan & grease it with olive oil! Then, keep the pan aside
3. Make a coarse powder of Oreos in a bowl
4. Add a 1/2 cup of milk to the coarse powder
5. Mix it really well until the consistency of the batter is thick and flowy
6. Add 1 teaspoon of Eno to the batter
7. Add 3 drops of water on top of the Eno to help it react with the batter
8. Mix it until everything is evenly distributed
9. Pour the batter in the 6 inch pan and place it into the oven for 20 minutes
10. When you see a dome shape, take a toothpick and poke a hole in your cake- if the toothpick is dry then it's ready! If there is batter stuck to the toothpick when you take it out, then keep the cake in the oven for a bit longer and try again in a couple minutes.
11. Enjoy! :)
(PS. This cake tastes especially great with vanilla ice cream!)